- $SiteBase = ""; # Full URL for <BASE> header
- $RedirType = 1; # 1 = CGI.pm, 2 = script, 3 = no redirect
- $FooterNote = ""; # HTML for bottom of every page
- $UserGotoBar = ""; # HTML added to end of goto bar
These are a few settings that are non-intuitive. UseMod is the best. As installers, we know the complications of it and can build up the documentation.
I've updated $FooterNote and $UserGotoBar with some simple explanation. There is probably a lot more to say on the matter. As for $SiteBase and $RedirType, I don't have a clue - yet. BobWaller
- The $SiteBase and $RedirType settings are useful in a few rare situations. The $SiteBase setting allows the admin to specify a <BASE> header for each wiki page, which can sometimes help when a site wants to standardize the URLs of its pages. For example, this wiki is accessible at the hostnames "www.usemod.com" and "usemod.com" (without the www). I want people to link to the "www.usemod.com" version, so I set the $SiteBase to "http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/". This means that if a person goes to a url like http://usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UserHelp (without the www), all the links will point to "www.usemod.com". (If I ever move to another webhosting provider the plain "usemod.com" links might stop working.)
- It's also possible to do this type of thing with Apache's mod_rewrite.
- The $RedirType setting shouldn't need to be changed if editing pages works on your system. A few sites with very old versions of Perl need to use the "2" setting. A couple sites which have broken webserver software need to use the "3" setting which just shows a link rather than redirecting. --CliffordAdams (a moderately experienced user :-)
ummm...does anyone know about the passwords settings? like AdminPass and EditPass?
- See AdminFeatures for an explanation of these settings.
- See UserIsEditor UserIsAdmin for how the code picks them up
Can't seem to get either $FooterNote
to work; I put simple text like FOO in either or both, force a full refresh of a page in my Wiki, and nothing shows up. Any ideas? It's not a patched version of UseMod
- Are you using a config file? If you are, then you need to make changes in the config file, and not the wiki script.
Maybe the page is cached. Edit a page. Are the $FooterNote and the $UserGotoBar visible after this?