usually means version 0.92 or minor. But on year 1999 could be called /EarlyVersions
Old versions: [The URLs below have been fixed to point to the archived versions.]
April 21, 2001
Version 0.92 is now available at http://www.usemod.com/wikicode/old/usemod092.tar.gz
New features include:
- Optional x translation table for non-English wikis. See /Translations for details.
- Better behavior in non-traditional CGI environments like mod_perl or FastCGI. See PersistentCGI.
- Bugfixes for Free Links, especially detection of illegal link names.
- Free Links are now converted to a canonical uppercase form by default (all words start with an uppercase letter). This new behavior can be turned off.
- Faster index of all pages.
- Optional stylesheet support.
- Several new minor features. (See the UPGRADE document in the distribution for more information.)
February 16, 2001
Version 0.91 is available at http://www.usemod.com/wikicode/old/usemod091.tar.gz. New features include:
- Fixed old-revision conflict bug (editing old revisions).
- HTML characters like © and ∞ can be used on pages.
- Optional headers like
= big-header (h1) text = and
=== some h3 text ===.
- New <code> tag for inline quoting of code in a fixed-width font. This tag also acts like the <pre> tag and suppresses wiki formatting.
- Free Links and Free links with description text allow pages with spaces and some puctuation in their names.
- Local bracket-links like [WikiName description] are now not special by default, although the old 0.90-version behavior is an option.
- Optional disabling of automatic LinkPattern links (if you really want to get rid of the classic Wiki:CamelCase names.)
- Older rclog (RecentChanges) entries can be moved to another file, and will only be loaded if required.
- Admin page deletion (can be given to Editor-level): immediate and total, including RecentChanges
- Admin page renaming: also renames RecentChanges entries and links on all other pages linking to the page.
The documentation for some of these features is incomplete, but will eventually be added to this wiki. If you have any questions, please feel free to email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
December 24, 2000
Version 0.90 was released. No archive copy of this version available.
Included many new features such as MeatBall:KeptPages, links with descriptive text like [A link to Yahoo!], and many others. Version 0.90 includes a conversion utility for users of 0.88 or 0.86--see /Upgrade for instructions.
October 12, 2000
Version 0.88 was release. No archive copy of this version available. It included:
- Edit previews
- Improved formatting:
- URL and InterWiki links ignore trailing punctuation
- New bracketed-URLs (and InterWiki links) like  and 
- Some minor wiki-markup bugs were fixed (mostly interactions between markup rules)
- Random-link option for the linkbar
August 26, 2000
Version 0.86 was released. No archive copy of this version available. It included:
- User preferences
- Enhanced differences
- Minor, Major, and Author differences are kept separately
- Users can choose their desired differences
July 15, 2000
Version 0.82 released, including:
- tab-less formatting rules
- basic HTML tags like <b>, <pre>, and <i>
- Raw-HTML configuration option
- New "" delimiter for links
- <nowiki> tag.
June 18, 2000
Version 0.80 was released.
- Version 0.80 released. Lots of features added recently:
- New text-formatting additions:
- * for unordered lists, # for numbered lists, : for indented regions
- <b> and <i> markup for bold and italics.
- <pre> preformatted sections.
- RawHtml sections are allowed (controlled by an option)
- URLs and InterWiki links now strip trailing punctuation
- Post-editing reloading uses the Location: header to instruct the browser to reload the proper page.
- Redirection instructions also use the Location: code, and a note is placed on the target page when redirected.
- Each page now has a "(diff)" link to the most recent difference.
- Several cleanups and refactorings.
June 1, 2000
- Decided to abandon most history and "currdiff" handling functions introduced after 0.7. These features introduced a lot of complexity for very little gain. Daily-history handling may eventually be done externally (by copying the database).
February 20, 2000
- Current difference code updated to detect new pages and to use the previous author copy when it is better than the other old copies.
February 6, 2000
- First working use of "currdiff". (diff) links now show the difference over the covered time. (Many special cases need to be handled.)
January 25, 2000
- Reworked the diff-handling code to calculate a "curdiff" (current-diff) for all old stored copies (including authorcopy) whenever a page is edited. (This data will be used to display the difference from a certain time.)
January 23, 2000
January 22, 2000
- Added two fields to rclog format for future expansion. (The second field is a hash for flexibility.)
- Changed version number to 0.7, minor cleanups for first distribution.
January 17, 2000
- Corrected error with split (it was deleting trailing null fields, yeilding a warning under -w (when assigning to a hash))
- Cleaned up several undefined usage warnings.
January 15, 2000
- Cleaned up lock errors
- Several minor code cleanups
- Major reorganization of home page content
- Bumped version number to 0.6
January 13, 2000
- Refactored PageLink? subs
- Configuration variables for:
- Moved main UseModWiki to new directory storage.
January 12, 2000
- An index of all the pages: try UseMod:action=index
- More consistent headers/footers
- Pages are now stored in several directories (first letter of page if A-Z, "other" otherwise).
- Should have good file access performance up to at least 10,000 pages, presuming reasonable distribution of WikiNames?.
See also the /History of the project. For features of the latest release see /NewFeatures