Images can be inserted by entering the full URL, eg
Relative URLs can be entered by omitting the '//domain.com' from the above. Eg.
- I would like to point out that images where the file extension is not in lowercase do not seem to display inline as they are supposed to. Perhaps that can be changed?
Image types supported are .gif, .jpg, .png, .bmp, and .jpeg
- Can I get an ALT attribute into the IMG tag somehow? I'm concerned about accessibility. -- ChrisKennish
- There is currently no way to add the ALT attribute to an image, mainly because I couldn't think of a good wiki syntax for the ALT text. This may be something that could be added later using the new $EarlyRules setting, but I do not have time now to add more features before 1.0. --CliffordAdams
How about http://usemod.com/wiki.gif,"alt text" for alt tags?
- On similar lines it would be good to be able to resize an image where the original is perhaps over large for the page.
- Also it would be really nice to be able to right or left align images so that there is not a big space in the text next to it.
Linking to an image using an InterWiki link will display the image inline in the 1.0 release. (It did not display the image in 0.92.)
In the 1.0 release, you can use an image instead of link text like this:
...which is rendered like:
- Unfortunately, this does not work for Wiki links, e.g. [[TextFormattingRules/WikiImages|http://www.usemod.com/wiki.gif]].
- Although, you can always convert Wiki Links into Link through InterMap e.g. [Local:TextFormattingRules/WikiImages http://www.usemod.com/wiki.gif].
- See also