Hi, I'm Lars Aronsson from Sweden?
. I'm a an independent consultant, and you can find contact info on me at http://aronsson.se/
See also [Meatball Wiki]
Here are some of my hobby projects:
- On October 1, 2001, I started http://susning.nu/ - a Swedish language, public, general-purpose wiki website based on Usemod version 0.92, slightly modified. The name "susning" is Swedish slang for "clue", and the slogan is "get a clue". The top level domain .nu is the island Niue in the south Pacific, which is immensely popular among Swedish websites, because of the restrictive rules for the Swedish .se national top level domain, and because "nu" is the Swedish word for "now". Thus, "get a clue, now!" To some extent, susning.nu is competing against the [Swedish version of the international Wikipedia].
- One year earlier, I started http://elektrosmog.nu/ - a Swedish grassroots wireless LAN project, which doesn't have a wiki website of its own, but will start to use susning.nu.
- In December 1992, I started Project Runeberg, http://www.lysator.liu.se/runeberg/ - a Swedish and Scandinavian parallel to the online literature archive Project Gutenberg. I want to explore ways to use susning.nu for this purpose as well, which is why I didn't restrict my wiki website to wireless technology.
I'm a programmer and recently learned Perl, so I'm trying to modify Usemod in various ways. You don't need to know any Swedish to explore some functions of http://susning.nu/ - it still looks very much like a standard Usemod. Here are some examples:
- In the top menu bar, I added links for "one-click searching" Google or Wikipedia for the title of the current wiki entry. These links are available also in the edit web form, and open in a separate window (target=other) so the edit window is not disturbed.
- In the edit web form (URLs that contain action=edit), I added links to help pages. These links will open in a separate window (target=other), so the edit window is not disturbed.
- Using Apache mod_rewrite, I succeeded to do away with /cgi-bin/wiki.pl parts of the URL. To find information about Stockholm, go to http://susning.nu/Stockholm
- The standard Usemod 0.92 contains support for ISBN links. From http://images.amazon.com/ you can retrieve images of book covers by their ISBN number, so I added support for this.
- American and English ISBN numbers always start with 0- or 1- but Swedish ISBN numbers always start with 91-, so I added code to link ISBN : 91- to Swedish online bookstores rather than Amazon and BarnesandNoble?.
- From http://www.mapblast.com/ you can retrieve map images by their geographic coordinates, so I added support for a link scheme map : 59.5 : 14.7 : 1000000 which will be substituted for an inline map image displaying 59.5 degrees north, 14.7 degrees east of Greenwich, at scale 1:1000000. Since the displayed map is 10 cm, this means an object of size 100 km. There are plenty of free waypoint (.wpt) files available for GPS users, making it easy to create a big and interesting geography website.